MWC ‘18 Social kudos
Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, swings around quickly each year. The starting gun for a four day marathon. Inspirational exhibitor experiences capture the headlines but where the rubber really hits the road is in the bars and clubs of Barcelona. This year we’ve teamed up with Akommo, a unique venues agency, to share the best local spots by neighborhood in their stomping grounds, Barcelona. Here's what this corporate event and accommodation team declares are the "musts" in these top Barcelona neighborhoods.
Barcelona Top Neighborhoods - El Gótic
The Ancient Gothic Quarter is home to some of the most well known landmarks in Barcelona. The famous Ramblas stone’s throw, the Boquería Market and The Plaza Reial. The Gothic is notorious for bar-hopping, and hence, some of the best memories while visiting Barcelona. Not to mention, it's home to some of the oldest bars and restaurants. Some gems in the area are:
1. Pipa Club Barcelona- Plaça Reial, 3- One of the coolest clandestine bars in the Gothic. We applaud you if you can find it.
2. Rabipelao- Carrer de la Mercè, 26- Known for its mojitos and Venezuelan food. Famous.
3. Ocaña- Plaça Reial, 13-15- Divided into 4 different areas; the Apotheke is where you find some of the most gorgeous and delicious signature cocktails. It’s not cheap, but it’s worth it.
Where to Stay:
This is one of the best areas to stay with groups or teams. Located just next to Plaza Sant Jaume and just 4 minutes from the Ramblas, this 5 bedroom apartment is our favorite recommendation. Catch a cab from here and you'll arrive at the Fira center in just 25 minutes!
Barcelona Top Neighborhoods- El Born
El Born is one of the loveliest areas in this metropolitan city, with its hidden streets, cozy cafes, and old buildings. This neighborhood is known for the emblematic Cathedral of Santa Maria del Mar. You’ll find some of the best pastries shops, the Picasso Museum, and the Paseo del Born which is a must for bar-hopping.
1. El Disset- Carrer Antic de Sant Joan, 3- One of Barcelona's best Catalan wine-only bars. Be sure to make a reservation in advance!
2. PAX 49 - Carrer del Rec, 49 - If you want signature cocktails without paying a fortune, this bar is the perfect fit. Especially recommendable for groups!
3. La Xampanyeria- Carrer de la Reina Cristina, 7 - An absolute MUST in Barcelona. Cava filled to the brim, amazingly cheap bar food, and everyone packed in like sardines.
Where to stay:
For a group of 4 people, we recommend staying in this apartment located on Calle Esparteria. Located a stone's throw from the famous Santa Maria del Mar, the location couldn't get any more central (unless you literally stayed in the cathedral itself).
Barcelona Top Neighborhoods- Sant Antoni
Parlament is undoubtedly the most famous street in Sant Antoni. The street is packed with amazing bars, both modern and classic, and incredible brunch spots. On top of that, one of Barcelona's most emblematic markets - El Mercat de Sant Antoni, still under construction, is here. After Parlament, Calle Manso is another classic street filled with the unique, new age and old age vibes that can only be found in this neighborhood.
1. La Bombilla - Carrer de Manso, 13 - French aperitif + cocktails = recipe for a good night.
2. Bodega 1900 - Carrer de Tamarit, 91- Class Catalan cuisine, one of Barcelona's most famous Vermouth bars.
3. Barna Brew - Carrer del Parlament, 45- Craft beers, awesome tapas, what else could one EVER need?
Where to stay:
If you're looking to stay in a hip neighborhood, while being surrounded by some of Barcelona's most classic bars, we suggest this studio apartment. The prime location of this apartment on C/ Floridablanca, leaves you just 25 minutes by bus or 13 minutes by cab to the Fira Conference Center.
Want more insider tips?
Click here to get the complete list of the best bars in the city compiled by Akommo’s international team.
Sign up to Brain Snacks
Thank you for signing up to Brain Snacks
We hope you enjoy Brain Snacks, but if you don’t, you can unsubscribe at any time.